May, 2022, Update: Please note my continuing availability for video consultations, as well as meetings for vaccinated families in my Wilton, CT, office, and by appointment in New York City. Please call, email, or submit my inquiry form to learn more.
Matthew Greene, Ph.D.
I have been counseling students and advising families on college admission and educational planning since 1997, guiding individuals through the many questions associated with choosing and applying to secondary schools, colleges, and graduate degrees. I work with families locally, across the country, and around the world.
With extensive experience in independent boarding and day school, college, college transfer, and graduate school admissions (including Business, Law, Medical, and academic programs), as well as career counseling and consulting to schools and colleges, I provide personalized, supportive, experienced, professional advising to students and parents to help generate options, strategize solutions, and manage complex admissions requirements and processes.
My goal? To help individuals discover their strengths, maximize their potential, find the environment that fits them best, and gain access to institutions where they will succeed, thrive, and grow.
Please take some time to explore this site, and contact me to discuss the consulting process and to set up a first consultation.
"I want every client, every family, to feel like they are my only clients."
- A recent piece I wrote for IHE: College admissions strategies for attracting COVID-era students (opinion) https://t.co/D3eQ3FvpMm
- Always an important reminder at this time of the year: Op-Ed: The tyranny of college rankings — and why we need t… https://t.co/pu3YwEqD8n
- MIT and Georgetown, different in many ways from other colleges and universities in the admissions process, will rem… https://t.co/iCSJu0QIss
- All Ivies are now test optional at least through 2023: https://t.co/KaObiNNmrS
- NACAC college fairs, virtual and in-person this year: https://t.co/ofQ5Q2MTqq